Many users have to frequetly repair lan connection to maintain the connection and continue browsing. When you click on repair connection at that time following process takes place in the sequence it is mentioned below. Also the commands that are executed are also mentioned in below.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) lease is renewed:
- Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) cache is flushed:
arp -d *
- Reload of the NetBIOS name cache:
- NetBIOS name update is sent:
- Domain Name System (DNS) cache is flushed:
- DNS name registration:
You can automate this process by creating a batch file to execute the above commands and then loop the file if you get frequent connection problems.
Here is a sample code for looping batch file. Put the below code in rlc.bat
arp -d *
To see the description of each of these commands Click Here