This is my first post in Hindi and Marathi. Thanks toÂ Anurag BhategaÂ
à¤¯à¤¹à¤¾ à¤®à¥‡à¤° à¤ªà¤¹à¤²à¤¾ à¤¹à¤¿à¤¨à¥à¤¦à¥€ à¤ªà¥‹à¤¸à¥à¤Ÿ à¤¹à¥ˆ |
à¤¹à¤¾ à¤ªà¤¹à¥€à¤²à¤¾ à¤®à¤°à¤¾à¤ à¥€ à¤ªà¥‹à¤¸à¥à¤Ÿ à¤†à¤¹à¥‡.
To make a post in Hindi or Marathi or any other Indian languages, you need to follow these steps:-
- Backup your wp-config.php
- Open wp-config.php in your favourite text editor
- Look for define(‘DB_CHARSET’, ‘utf8’); & define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ”);Â may be on 14th & 16th line and comment those lines with //. Your lines should look like this:-
//define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); //define('DB_COLLATE', '');
- Now you are 50% done. Now you need to type a new post in any language and your text will be visible in the language you typed it.
- Now the issue arrises is how to type in Hindi or Marathi while writing a post. Use the indic Google’s Indic Transliteration to type. There are many more plugins for typing in Indian languages available on WordPress site but I found the Google’s Indic Transliteration tool is better than others.
PS: You need to write a new post to see your indian language text, if you edit the existing post, it wont work.